College Wallet is an easy-to-use mobile app for students and their families. It gives students a powerful tool to raise money for college. Students can request and receive money in minutes and have access to a large inventory of blockchain-based financial aid awards. Parents can contribute into smart-contract powered educational savings accounts (ESAs), with access to an ever-widening range of new blockchain assets.
Warren BaileyBLOCKCHAIN / STELLAR
|Restricted countries||No restrictions|
- Our founders begin the concept stage of Collegecoin.
- In Q4 2017, we began architecting, designing, and prototyping several web and mobile experiences that gave rise to College Wallet, a mobile app meant to give students greater access to money. After evaluating a number of blockchain and other platforms and for reasons explained in our whitepaper, we decided to build Collegecoin on top of Stellar.
- Entity Formation
- Token Generation
- Network Participation Begins
- We plan to release College Wallet to the general public in Q4 2018. Until then, we will invite many of our users to participate in a private beta.
- Web app that allows charities to create scholarships and grants to be awarded through College Wallet. Charities can precisely define qualification criteria, including academic, financial, and demographics factors.
- Launch of the Collegecoin Lending Network, a smart-contract powered lending platform that allows students to borrow fiat against their ESA assets.
- Web app that allows impact investors to create tokenized “impact funds” that can be used to acquire existing student debt. Impact investors can precisely define qualification criteria, including academic, financial, and demographics factors.
TrackICO does not encourage investing in any ICOs published on the platform. Make sure to do your own thorough research before putting money into Initial Coin Offerings. All content on TrackICO is meant to be used for information purposes only, and should not be taken as financial or investment advice.